The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the University of Oldenburg in Germany and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth / South Africa are jointly organizing the 8th call of the UNILEAD program in Oldenburg / Germany. The intensive training program is part of the DIES program (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies) which has been jointly coordinated by the DAAD and HRK (German Rectors’ Conference) since 2001.
The professional training course combines online and contact phases in a blended learning approach.
• Participants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities for at least two years in one of the following fields:
– Managers of central university departments (Planning, Evaluation, Financing, Human Resources, Continuing Education, International Offices, Technology Transfer etc.)
– Task force managers for university reform projects
– Managers of staff development units or programmes.
• Active and excellent English language skills (speaking, writing) are indispensable.
• Participants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years.
• They hold at least a Masters’ degree
• The provision of international experience will be an asset.
• Being a DAAD alumni will be considered as an asset, but is by no means compulsory.
• Participants from higher education institutions of the following regions are eligible to apply:
– South East Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam).
– Sub-Saharan Africa (Burundi, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South
– Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
– Central and Latin America (Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador,
– El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Peru).
– Middle East (Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, and Yemen).
Deadline for application:
Strict closing date of the application is October 12th, 2015.
The application form is available online under the following link: http://www.c3l.uni-oldenburg.de/unilead_2016.htmlFor more information, Click here